- Climate Neutral Meeting
Greening our event starts with us – and ends with you!
Are you in?
The first Asia-Pacific Ministerial Summit on the Environment will be about substance and practice. We are organizing a sustainable and climate-neutral event to show how environmental sustainability can be integrated into large events and become the way forward for future meetings. We invite you to join us in this journey to green the event together.
Our green meeting actions are:
- Climate neutrality: All greenhouse gas emissions associated with the event will be measured, reported and offset through the purchase of Carbon Emission Reduction Credits from certified emission reduction projects. These will include emissions associated with participant travel, facilities, local transport, food, and waste. Remember to fill in the survey! Read more about our climate neutral initiatives here.
- Low waste: Participants and delegates are encouraged to be Paper Smart by bringing their own laptops or tablets, as all documents will be made available online only as no hard copies will be distributed. We also encourage you to stay hydrated - without the waste. Bring a reusable water bottle to the meeting and refill at our water dispensers. As a gift, we will be providing you with a reusable mug for your hot beverages.
- Sustainable menu: Sustainable food options will be offered to participants as a sensorial journey through sustainability. We will be providing more sustainable food choices in the cafeteria and side event to reduce our foodprint. We encourage you to avoid food waste, and consider going vegetarian for some or all of the week.
Be part of the change, helps us green this event in 5 easy steps:
- Fill out a very short survey on your trip and stay. This will enable us to accurately calculate the event emissions. Volunteers will help you complete the survey during the event. You will receive a branded reusable mug as a reward ☺
- Bring Your Own: All participants are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottles, as water dispensers will be available at the event. Let us minimize our plastic waste jointly!
- Keep it green, keep it on the screen: access documents through electronic devices and help the event save paper.
- At least one day, opt for vegetarian options and reduce your environmental footprint significantly.
- Choose your accommodation as close as possible to the UN and reduce your local transport footprint while saving time in traffic.
Need more inspiration? Check out our video about being green in our premises
And lastly – please share with us your ideas about how you think we can make our meetings more sustainable in the future!